South Jordan Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you have been charged with a crime in Utah, you know that your very freedom may be at stake. Further, criminal convictions for a misdemeanor or felony appear on your criminal record leading to informal consequences and stigma. With more than 15 years of experience in standing up for Utahans caught-up in the criminal justice system, you can depend on us.
Experienced Utah Attorneys Handle a Broad-Array of Criminal Defense Matters
The fact of the matter is, that if you are facing criminal charges it is not uncommon for the prosecutor to file a volley of charges against you. When you are facing one, or multiple charges, it is essential that you have an attorney that understands how the charges may interact and the extent of the potential consequences for your particular charges including:
- Assault – Statistics compiled by the Utah Department of Public Safety reveal that assaults are one of the most common crimes in Utah. Even considering the more serious aggravated assault charge alone, there were over three times more aggravated assaults than robberies in 2012.
- Drug Crimes – Whether your offense is a charge for possession, manufacture or distribution of marijuana, molly, cocaine or a different controlled substance we protect your rights and freedoms. Further, if your matter also includes a DUI and license suspension element, we fight to protect your drivers’ license.
- DUI Defense – The DUI law in Utah can be abused by unscrupulous police officers. Also people can make an honest mistake due to a new prescription medication that can be prosecuted as a DUIs– with all of the consequences including automatic license suspension. If you have been charge with a DUI time is of the essence as you must dispute your license suspension within 10 days of your arrest.
- Juvenile Crimes – Juvenile crimes can be devastating to a young person who is trying to get his or her life on track. Having a criminal record can set you back years due to a prison sentence or affect everything from being able to attend college to getting a job after graduation.
- Kidnapping – Kidnapping is a felony charge in Utah meaning that both the formal punishments and social stigma are extremely harsh. Unfortunately kidnapping charges can arise due to miscommunication or personal animosity motivated by custody disputes or other familial disputes.
- Murder – Murder, or the unlawful and intentional killing of a human being with malice aforethought, is undoubtedly one of, if not the most, serious charge a person can face. Whether your criminal homicide charge is the common law variety described above or due to the death of a person during an alleged felony, our attorneys stand up for you and protect your freedom.
- Sex Crimes – Even the accusation of a sex crime like rape, sexual assault, prostitution, lewdness or solicitation of a minor is extremely damaging to one’s reputation – and that’s before considering any of the formal penalties. Our experienced attorneys force the prosecutor to prove each and every element of the charges against you.
- Terroristic Threats – Since the early 2000s, the term terrorist has been thrown around and crimes that previously would have been charged with lesser offenses have become serious felonies. In fact, even a joke gone wrong can carry felony charges.
- Theft – Theft itself can carry either misdemeanor or felony charges. Whether you have been accused of petty theft, theft or misappropriation, our attorneys fight to clear you name.
- Traffic Offenses – We can also expunge many traffic offenses as most traffic offenses can be expunged provided that waiting periods have been satisfied, fines have been paid and there are not additional pending offenses.
- Vandalism – Because vandalism involves the destruction of property, many people think the consequences are limited to the value of the property destroyed or defaced. However, this is not the case as both monetary and criminal penalties can apply.
- Weapons Crimes – Weapons crimes are serious offenses including illegal possession, illegal sale or transfer and reckless endangerment. If you are convicted of a weapons charge in Utah, you could face fines, jail time, and lifelong weapons restrictions.
- White Collar Crime – We protect you from allegations of all types of white collar crime including misappropriation, embezzlement, identify theft or fraud, and money laundering.
Regardless of the criminal charges pending against you, our experienced and tenacious attorneys stand up for your rights and protect your freedom.
Put Our Criminal Defense Experience to Work for You
For more than 15 years the experienced attorneys at Overson Law, PLLC, have protected the rights of people in South Jordan and throughout Utah. Contact us today by calling (801) 758-2287 or through our online form.