It goes without saying that jails and prisons follow strict rules. Before visiting an inmate, it’s important to go over visiting hours and visitor policies so that your session goes smoothly. If you break any rules, jail personnel may end your visit prematurely. This article will go over visitation hours and rules for visitors to the Summit County Jail in Utah.
Rules and Regulations for Visiting an Inmate
If you take the time to understand what to expect and how to conduct yourself while visiting the Summit County Jail, it will be that much easier for you to avoid breaking the rules and accidentally getting yourself or your loved one into trouble during your visit.
First and foremost, you need to know where you’re going. The Summit County Jail is located at the following address:
6300 Justice Center Rd.
Park City, UT 84098
But before you get in the car, double-check to make sure you have at least two forms of valid ID, and that at least one of your IDs includes a photograph. Government-issued IDs such as passports, state IDs, and driver’s licenses are all acceptable forms of identification. If you don’t have the proper ID, you won’t be allowed to visit your loved one.
Please be advised that the Summit County Jail will not accept the following types of visitors:
- No probationers
- No parolees
- No visitors who have been convicted of a felony (e.g. murder, rape)
- No visitors who used to work for the inmate
- No visitors who have been released from jail or prison in the past 90 days
- No visitors who break the jail’s rules (e.g. attempting to smuggle in contraband)
- No minors
- There is one exception to this rule: minors are allowed to visit if they are the child of the inmate, provided they are also (1) accompanied by an adult, and (2) bring along a birth certificate to prove the parent-child relationship.
Visitation Hours for the Summit County Jail
Visiting hours are determined by “pod,” which refers to housing for inmates. Please refer to the visitation table supplied below:
- Bravo Pod – 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Bravo Pod – 12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Delta Pod – 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Delta Pod – 12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Echo Pod, Fox Pod – 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Echo Pod, Fox Pod – 12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Golf Pod – 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Golf Pod – 12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Alpha Pod, Charlie Pod – 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
- Alpha Pod, Charlie Pod – 12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
10:30 A.M. is the final cut-off time for all morning visits (which conclude at 11:00 A.M. daily). 3:30 P.M. is the final cut-off time for all afternoon visits (which conclude at 4:00 P.M. daily). Anyone who arrives later will be denied entry. All visits commence on the hour or the half-hour. In order to avoid being turned away, make sure to arrive on time for your visit.
Ideally, you should arrive at least 15 or 20 minutes early. That will give you extra time to pass through security screenings. (On a related note, remember you are visiting a jail: do not bring any contraband items, such as weapons or narcotics.)
Unfortunately, there is no visitation on weekends, so you may have to take some time off of work to see your loved one. There are also no visits allowed on state or federal holidays, including Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Phone Numbers and Contact Information
If you have any questions about posting bail at the Summit County Jail, your loved one’s status, or the jail itself, the Summit County Jail contact information provided below may be useful for you.
- Correctional Facility Central – (435) 615-3723
- Jail Fax – (435) 615-3747
- Jail Lieutenant – (435) 615-3710
- Medical/Nurse – (435) 615-3741
Justice Court and District Court
- Adult Probation and Parole – (435) 615-4315
- Summit County Justice Court – (435) 615-3802
- Summit County Third District Court – (435) 615-4300
- A-Affordable Bail Bonds – (435) 649-6874
- AAA Bail Bonds – (435) 615-1934
- Acme Bail Bonds – (435) 645-7100
- All Area Bail Bonds – (801) 692-1495
- B&B Bail Bonds – (435) 940-0909
- Bailout Fast – (435) 487-9017
- Beehive Bail Bonds – (435) 649-9111
- Granite Bail Bonds – (435) 655-9990
- Highcountry Bail Bonds – (435) 658-3111
- Hometown Bail Bonds – (435) 214-5008
- Hy & Mike’s Bail Bonds – (435) 615-9700
- Liberty Bail Bonds – (801) 974-5245
- Massey’s Bail Bonds – (435) 201-8626
- Statewide Bail Bonds – (435) 658-3414
- Superior Bail Bonds – (435) 654-5576
- Tom Pappas Bail Bonds – (435) 654-5400
- Utah Bail Bonds – (435) 940-9777
You should also make sure to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney, like those of Overson Law LLC. Our legal team has over 16 years of experience handling thousands of misdemeanor and felony cases, and we provide free initial consultations. To set up your free consultation, call our law offices right away at (801) 758-2287. We are available to make emergency jail visits if necessary, and we will keep your information confidential.