Wasatch County Jail Information for Families

It’s always stressful when a relative or romantic partner is incarcerated.  If your loved one has been brought into custody at the Wasatch County Jail in Utah, there are probably lots of questions on your mind.  This article will cover some helpful information for spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends, and relatives, including visiting hours, how to load a commissary account, contacting an inmate, and getting in touch with jail personnel.  If your loved one needs legal help, our Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyers are here to assist your family and provide you with the answers you need.

Visiting the Wasatch County Jail

Unless there are unusual circumstances like a lockdown, inmates are typically allowed to have one visit per visiting day.  Each visit may be up to 30 minutes long.

Wasatch County jail visitation hours are based on gender and day of the week, as described below:

  • Male Inmates
    • Wednesday – 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
    • Saturday – 12:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
  • Female Inmates
    • Thursday – 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
    • Sunday – 12:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.

You cannot show up for a spontaneous visit.  You must arrive early, ideally by at least 15 to 20 minutes, so that you have enough time to sign in and go through security screenings.  If you have any metal piercings, jewelry, keys, belts buckles, or other metal items, leave them in your car to make the security screening faster and simpler.

To schedule a visit or ask questions about the jail’s rules and policies for visitors, call the jail at (435) 657-1619 or the Wasatch County Sheriff at (435) 654-1411.  It will help to speed things along if you already know the inmate’s booking number, which you can find in this list of Wasatch County jail inmates.

You may find these maps helpful for planning your visit:

date and time

Communicate with a Prisoner: Mail and Phone Calls

The Wasatch County Jail uses a company called Evercom to handle its phone system.  Therefore, if you have any questions about the jail’s telephone services, you should call Evercom directly at (800) 844-6591.  Jail personnel will not be able to answer your questions about technical issues with phone calls.

Unless an inmate has lost their phone privileges, or the facility is on lockdown, inmates can generally call their loved ones by placing collect calls through the Evercom system.  While accepting a collect call will result in a small service charge, a recent FCC policy update means that calls from jails and prisons are more affordable than they used to be.  You can read more about the price update in this FCC press release from 2013.

If your phone is set to block collect calls from inmates, remember to remove the block so that you can communicate with your loved one.  Again, a representative from Evercom can help you with any technical questions you have about receiving calls from the jail.

Phone calls are not the only way to correspond with an inmate.  You can also write to your loved one.  Mail should be sent to the following address:

(Inmate’s First and Last Name)
1365 S. Highway 40
Heber City, Utah 84032

Please be advised that all mail will be opened for security purposes, so to be on the safe side, don’t write anything you wouldn’t feel comfortable with a stranger reading.  If you’re not sure whether an inmate is allowed to receive an item by mail or must buy it from the commissary, call the jail at the number supplied above.

Distressed woman looking at her cell phone

How to Post Bail or Send an Inmate Money

The commissary is a store at the jail which sells products like stamps, medicine, snacks, toiletries, and clothing.  If you send money to the jail, the funds will be applied to your loved one’s commissary account so that he or she will be able to make commissary purchases.  To send money, you can either:

  • Visit Correctional Office Aid ( and follow the prompts to make a deposit online using your debit card or credit card.
    • You can also post bail through this website.
  • Send a cashier’s check or money order to the jail at the address listed above.
    • Do not send a personal check.
  • Visit the Wasatch County Justice Court, located at the following address:
    • 1361 S. Highway
      Heber City, Utah 84032
      (435) 654-2679

If you’re worried that your loved one’s Constitutional rights are being violated, have questions about posting bail or how bail is set, or need help understanding the charges or the court process in Utah, call the defense lawyers of Overson Law LLC at (801) 758-2287.  Your consultation will be completely free of charge, and we will keep your information confidential.  We have over 16 years of experience handling complex felonies and misdemeanors, including sex crimes, narcotics charges, and homicide charges.